- Book Limit for faculty is 10 and for students, PDFs is 06 for a period of 45 days.
- The cards are not transferable. In the event of loss of a Reader Card, a duplicate card will be issued after a lapse of 30 days from the date of reporting the loss.
LOAN OF BOOKS AND PERIODICALS TO MEMBERS
- All books except reference books will be issued from SIRC. Reference books will be issued overnight only; Certain publications categorized as 'Not for Issue', will not be issued at all. They can be referred only in the SIRC.
- Handbooks, Dictionaries and Encyclopaedias will not be issued on loan.
- Books/Journals borrowed on the cards should be returned on or before the due date.
- Books are required to be presented physically at the SIRC for renewal. Books will be renewed only if there are no other reservations.
- Overdue books will not be renewed.
- A fine of Rs. 5/- per day will levied after the due date.
- If books are not returned or renewed even after two reminders and a final notice, the cost of book will be recovered from the pay bill of the defaulting borrower. If the book/publication is out of print, the total cost of the same plus one hundred percent or at the rate as decided by the competent authority will be recovered from the borrower.
- Books, Periodicals and any other material that have been taken out of the SIRC are liable to be recalled at any time and when so recalled, must be returned at once.
- Every reader must return all books in his/her possession to the SIRC for stock verification.
- A "No-Due" certificate issued by the SIRC should be obtained and produced to the administration before a person leaves the institute on long leave, gets transferred or submits resignation.
- Before entering the SIRC, readers are requested to deposit their belongings in the property rack.
- Before leaving the SIRC, readers should leave the books/journals in the book trolleys. They need NOT replace the books on the shelves.
- Smoking, Eatables, loud conversation and similar objectionable practices are not allowed in or around the SIRC premises.
- Readers are requested not to write and mark upon or damage any book, periodical or any other material belonging to the SIRC.
- The SIRC staff at the counter are authorized to examine everything that passes into or out of the SIRC.