Self-Checkout Kiosk User Guide
- Self-Check in/out kiosk allows students, faculties and staff with a valid ICTS-ID to check in/out and renew the books quickly and with ease.
- The screenshots shown below will explain the process of all the functions on the kiosk.
- There is an option to change the language: The bottom right corner is provided with 4 buttons (in the order English, Hindi, Kannada and Bengali).
- All the instructions provided on the screen are self-explanatory. Please read the instructions carefully as you move from one screen to another.
- On the interface menus such as (Issue/Renew/Return) are shown on the screen, and the user needs to select the desired function.
i) For Issue: 1) Press OK button for book issue.(Issue Section on Interface) > Scan your Member Card - ICTS ID (For scanning the card, hold it near the device which is labeled as Scan Here and upon detecting you will hear a beep sound.
2) (After scanning the Id card, the name of the patron will appear) > Click on OK to proceed.
3) Place the item on the Black Square- RFID reader (Black Square) fixed below the Blue pad. Keep the books on the blue pad.
4)Title of the book will appear with the Return Date (Date format: Y.M.D)
5) Press End, now a patron can remove the book from the blue pad.
- (By pressing the End button, there will be two options - Confirm or Skip.)
- By clicking on Confirm, the user will receive a receipt about the task and the issue process will end, the user can now remove the items.
ii) For Renew:
1) Press OK (Issue section)
2) Scan ICTS-ID card, the user name will appear > click OK > issued items list will be shown. Press on Renew. Green Button will appear for all the titles.
3) Press the Green button (right side of title) to renew a book and end the process by pressing on Back.
iii) For Return: 1) Press OK (Return section)
2) Place the item on the Blue pad and the title will appear.
3) Click on End
4) (Press Confirm to get a receipt or Skip to complete the process)