- Users must carry their ICTS identity card while using the SIRC. These cards are Not Transferable. In the event of loss of the ICTS identity card, please report it to the establishment.
- Users are requested to deposit their personal belongings at the property counter and are advised not to leave any valuable items. The SIRC shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the personal belongings of the users.
- Strict silence, decorum, and discipline must be maintained in the library.
- Smoking, eating, sleeping, loud conversations, and similar objectionable practices are strictly not allowed in or around the SIRC premises.
- The books taken out of the shelves should be left on the reading tables, Do not reshelve.
- The SIRC staff are authorised to examine everything that passes into or out of the SIRC.
- A "No-Due" certificate should be obtained from SIRC and produced to the administration before a person leaves the institute on long leave, gets transferred, or submits a resignation.
Loan of Books and Periodicals to Members
- All books except reference books (categorised as 'Not for Loan') shall be issued from SIRC. Reference books can be referred to only in the SIRC.
- The limit on borrowing books is 10 for faculty members and 6 for students, postdocs, and staff. The books shall be borrowed for a loan period of 45 days. Users shall renew books twice, provided there are no other reservations and Overdue books will not be renewed.
- Borrowed items should be returned/ renewed on or before the due date.
- Overdue books will not be renewed.
- The user should check the book/s before borrowing to ensure that the book/s are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the borrower should get this statement recorded on the book from the SIRC staff, Otherwise, he/she shall be held responsible for the damage discovered at the time of returning the books.
- The SIRC reserves the right to call back any issued book/item at any time.
Loss and Defacement of Books, Periodical, and any other SIRC material
- If you believe you have lost a book, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to report this to the SIRC. We will carry out some checks to make sure the book has not been returned to the SIRC.
- In the event of a book being lost, damaged, or in any similar cases, the borrower shall either replace it with the latest edition or shall have to pay the cost of replacement with an additional 10% handling fee. Book grants may not be used to settle SIRC dues. Any member if determined to have defaced or damaged any library item intentionally, in addition to the above penalty, will have his/her SIRC privileges revoked for a period of time determined by the SIRC committee. SIRC privileges may be revoked permanently for multiple or serious offenses.
The policies are subject to revision/change from time to time. The SIRC committee reserves the right to take any decision in the interest of the SIRC or Institution.